Membership in the APD is open to individuals from Dermatology Departments or Sections in accredited medical schools or freestanding, independent, accredited three year residency trig programs within the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. The Board of Directors shall determine which programs are freestanding. One of the individuals shall be the Head (Chair) of the program. The other individuals shall be chosen by the Chair and will ordinarily be the vice chair, training program director, or other members of the Department or Section. Only one individual will hold voting privileges; this individual will be the Chair unless delegated, in writing, to the second member. Chairs which are "acting" or "interim" shall be considered as full members, except that they may not hold office.
Benefits of APD membership include:
· Roster of active members of the Association of Professors of Dermatology (APD)
· Opportunities to take an active role in the shaping of the future of academic dermatology and the APD
· Opportunities to network with current leaders in academic dermatology, including access to the Dermatology Professors listserv
· Opportunities to serve on APD committees
· An invitation to attend the APD Annual Meeting, featuring presentations and discussions about current topics in academic dermatology
· Discounted Annual Meeting registration fee ($100 less than other registration categories)
· Opportunity to contribute to the APD newsletter which you will receive three times a year
· The opportunity to compete for awards and grants specifically designed for APD members.
Click here for an APD Membership Application
Click here for DAAG Section Membership Application
For further information regarding membership, please contact the APD Office at 216-579-9300 x7 or by email.