PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLYThe APD listserv is an ongoing email discussion group of the APD that was established in 2000 to promote year-round interaction between the members of this organization. If you are a member and not currently on the listserv, or would like to change your email address on the listserv, please contact the APD Office.
APD LISTSERV CRITERIA
* Current members of the APD are able to send messages to the APD listserv
* Email messages sent to the listserv MUST be sent from the email address on your membership profile.
LISTSERV EMAIL ADDRESSES
- APD Membership email@example.com
- Dermatologic Surgery Section firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dermatology Academic Administrators Group (DAAG) email@example.com
LISTSERV DISCLAIMINERS, ETIQUETTE AND RULES
By joining and using APD’s e-mail list, it is understood that you agree to follow the rules and guidelines set for this peer discussion group (APD members in good standing are automatically included in the listserv as a membership benefit). You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium.
As with any vehicle for communication, there must be guidelines for APD listserv use. For instance, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, and marketing are not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. The APD reserves the right to suspend or terminate use of the listserv for members who violate these rules. If you have questions, contact the APD Office .
**NOTE** Each message sent to the listserv must be manually pushed past a firewall by staff. This firewall was instituted to avoid the entire list receiving 'reply to all' messages or 'out of office' responses. If you send a message to the listserv outside of normal business hours (M-F 9a-5p EST), please expect a delay of final receipt until staff returns to the office.
1. Include a signature on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address
2. State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line
3. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting easier to search the archives by subject
4. Only relevant portions of the original message should be included, in your reply, delete any header information
5. Insert your response before the original posting
6. Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that you believe is of interest or benefit to the entire membership
7. Do not send messages such as "thanks" to the entire list
8. If you must reply, do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option only
9. Type in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address to the single individual to whom you want to respond
10. Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the listserv.
11. To be removed from the listserv contact the APD Office directly
12. Advise subscribers if the message you are sending is lengthy
13. Add a "warning" in the subject line if the email is a "Long Message".
Prior to IRB Surveys to being forwarded to the APD Listserv ensure the following
1. A clear and concise statement describing the goal of the survey must be outlined
2. The text of the survey that is posted to the APD listserv must include:
a) An agreement that results will be provided to APD
b) Results may be presented at an APD-sponsored forum upon request, which includes the Annual Meeting as well as the two semi-annual DTEG forums
3. Documentation of IRB approval or determination that it is exempt must be submitted
to the APD office. Statement of IRB approval or exemption must be included in the email.
1. Do not post commercial messages.
2. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them
3. Use caution when discussing products.
4. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws
5. Avoid sending messages with large attachments
6. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are prohibited.
7. Do not post anything in any listserv message that you would not want all members to see
8. Note all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list
9. Remember the APD and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserv.
DISCLAIMER AND LEGAL RULES
Listserv is provided as a service to members of the Association of Professors of Dermatology (APD). The APD accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The APD disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the APD or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the APD be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this listserv.
It is expected that APD members will not post any material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the APD and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
The APD does not actively monitor every detail of the text on emails sent to the listserv for inappropriate postings and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the APD administrators, the APD may take appropriate action.