Membership to the APD is open to individuals from Dermatology Departments or Sections in accredited Medical Schools and Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine and freestanding programs from the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. Active membership also includes academic dermatologists from foreign medical schools accredited in their own countries. The Board of Directors shall determine which programs are freestanding. One of the individuals shall be the Head (Chair/Chief) of the program. The other individuals shall be chosen by the Chair/Chief and will ordinarily be the Vice Chair, training Program Director or other members of the Department or Section. Only one individual will hold voting privileges; this individual will be the Chair/Chief unless delegated, in writing, to the second member.
APD MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
ANNUAL DUES PER MEMBER TYPES
- Access to roster of active members of the Association of Professors of Dermatology (APD)
- Opportunities to network with current leaders in academic dermatology
- Inclusion in and use of the APD Listserv distribution.
- Opportunities to shape the direction of the APD by serving on APD standing and ad-hoc committees
- Discounted Annual Meeting registration fee ($100 less than other registration categories)
- Ability to post and review job opportunities
* If member is a Chair and Program Director, they would pay dues based on highest dept. ranking
|$325.00||Department Chair / Division Chief*
|$275.00||Dermatologic Surgery Division Head
|$275.00||Residency & Fellowship Program Directors
Residency Program Director
Dermatologic Surgery Division Leader
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
*As of November 2018, membership dues are based on a calendar year structure rather than anniversary date.